– Vietnam visa is a document issued by the Vietnam Immigration Department for foreigners who allowed to stay for a short time in Vietnam for the purpose of Travel – working – visiting relatives – investing.
– The duration of the visa is 1 month and 3 months. Depending on the purpose of trips, foreigners who choose to apply for a visa have a corresponding period of time.
Read more: Vietnam temporary residence card records↵
How will the overdue visa be fined?
What is an overdue visa?
– The visa granted when your entry has expired but you are still staying in Vietnam and have not applied for the extension of your visa. These cases are called “overdue visa” and classified as illegal stay in Vietnam.
Penalties when Vietnam visa expires
- Foreign nationalities who are living and working in Vietnam, for any reason without timely extending their visas, to overstay visas will be considered as violations of the laws on exit, entry, transit, residence, according to the provisions of Article 17 Decree 167/2013/ND-CP, the time and severity of violations can be summarized as follows:
- Caution or a fine of from VND 100,000 to VND 300,000 for foreigners traveling within the territory of Vietnam without carrying a passport or other valuable papers in lieu of a passport.
- A fine from VND 500,000 to VND 2,000,000 when the visa expires from 1 day to 15 days or less without the permission of competent agencies.
- A fine from VND 3,000,000 to VND 5,000,000 when the visa expires from more than 16 days without the permission of competent agencies.
- A fine from VND 5,000,000 to VND 10,000,000 for one of the following actions:
– Using fake passports, valuable papers lieu of fake passports, fake visas, fake temporary residence cards, fake permanent residence cards, fake verification seals for exit, entry, transit or residence.
- A fine from VND 15,000,000 to VND 25,000,000 for one of the following actions:
+ Foreigners entry, working and having other activities in Vietnam without permission of Vietnam’s competent agencies.
+ Individuals and organizations in Vietnam guarantee or carry out procedures for foreigners to enter Vietnam, apply for visas, grant Temporary Residence Card, extend temporary residence, valuable papers for entry, residence in Vietnam but not in compliance with the provisions of the law or making false statements when guaranteeing, inviting or carrying out procedures for foreigners on entry, applying for visas, granting temporary residence cards, extending temporary residence, valuable papers for entry, exit, and residence in Vietnam
+ foreigners entry Vietnam for improper purposes, the program which has asked for temporary residence card, permanent residence card.
- A fine from VND 30,000,000 to VND 40,000,000 for one of the following actions:
+ Forging documents and papers to be granted passports or other valuable papers in lieu of passports, visas, temporary residence cards, permanent residence cards.
+ Forging a passport or other valuable document in lieu of a passport, visa, temporary residence card, permanent residence card or verification mark.
+ Escaping into embassies, consulates or head offices of international agencies or organizations based in Vietnam
+ Foreigners residing in Vietnam without permission of competent agencies.
+ Organizing, giving or brokering for others to exit or enter Vietnam illegally.
– Foreigners have to commit administrative violations specified in Clause 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6, Article 17 of Decree 167/2013/ND-CP, depending on the seriousness of violations, may be expelled from the Socialist Republic of Vietnam and banning entry with a definite or indefinite term.
What to do when your Vietnam visa expires?
– When the visa expires, foreigners are not allowed to exit Vietnam. Go to the Immigration Department to report and pay a fine. After that, foreigners will be granted a Vietnam visa extension or will be granted permission to leave the country.
– How much the fine depending on the time overdue period or how long foreigners must pay a fine to the Immigration Department. If the situation is too severe, it may be deported immediately and banned from entry into Vietnam.
Instruction to extend Vietnam visa
– You are relatives, friends, spouses of foreigners living and working in Vietnam. Having difficulty in extending Vietnam or Vietnam visa expires.
Please quickly contact Vinavisa so that we can assist you immediately. Do not hesitate, do not let the matter more serious.
For further information, please contact 0899 31 3366 for Vinavisa to have the opportunity to support and serve customers!
Dossiers required to extend Vietnam visa:
- Original passport.
- Current Vietnam visa
- If you are having visa DN, provide:
+ Business Registration Certificate of guarantee company.
- If you are having visa relatives (TT), provide:
+ Documents proving the notarized relationship
+ Family registration book of Vietnamese
+ Identity card of Vietnamese.
After receiving fill information, Vinavisa will prepare a dossier and guide you to sign and seal the visa extension process.
The processing time: 7 – 10 working days (excluding Saturday, Sunday and National Holidays)
Fee: contact Vinavisa directly to for detail on fees for your case.
– VinaVisa is an expert in handling cases of entry into Vietnam: Vietnam visa, Vietnam visa extension, Work permit, temporary residence card, Work permit extension, temporary residence extension, blacklist removal …
Read more-Vietnamese: https://vinavisa.vn/visa-viet-nam/cac-muc-phat-khi-qua-han-visa-gia-han-visa-viet-nam/